Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easter Door Sign

I always pin a ton of holiday projects on Pinterest, but very rarely do I follow through and actually try to recreate what I pinned. Well, as the title of this post would indicate, I went for it over the weekend. I ventured out and bought the necessary supplies to try and make a cute Easter door sign. I think it turned out okay. As my mom said, "... it's just right for a child's home". She said some other nice things too, but I think that particular comment describes it most accurately.

The actual project from Pinterest:
. 

My attempt:

I had to make some modifications to the original due to some technical difficulties. I added the black dots to take up some unused space since I didn't start the name far enough to the left. Then I had to add the black dots everywhere or it would have looked really odd. If I were to do it again, I don't think I would add the writing at all, although maybe I would change it to Happy Easter. I also chose to use a square canvas instead of rectangle so I don't have as much open space. The kids recognized it as a bunny so I'm going to leave it as is instead of trying again like my adult self would like to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Useful information. Fortunate me I found your website
    by accident, and I am surprised why this coincidence did not took place earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

    My web site; Dreambox Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete