Monday, February 20, 2012

The Plan


I saw this on Pinterest last month. With the way I've been feeling moved to make some changes in my life, it seemed like just the motivation I needed to move on and actually go for it. Here is a short list of what I hope to work on in 2012:

  1. Blog - So far so good. It was a big step, but one that is already feeding my soul. The response by the people who have checked it out is worth a post of its own. Thank you.
  2. Work on (or off) the baby weight - We all make this wish after a child is born, but since I am now officially done having babies, this goal should become a priority.
  3. Reach out to friends more - I love my friends so much, but I am not good about showing it or maintaining the bond very well. Due to my struggles with anxiety and fear, I tend to stay in my own bubble, watching and cheering them on from afar. It's time to step up and become more involved. Again, a (or many) post(s) of it's own.
  4. Make more time for my own activities - This will certainly help with #3. If I'm willing to step out of my own shadow, I can probably do well in this area. Over the last year, I've found lots of different crafting areas that I really enjoy. So many of my friends enjoy the same activities so I'm hopeful to be able to carve out some time to spend with them no matter what we do.
  5. Volunteer for more - This one is really a wish list item. There are so many reasons that hold me back from being successful here. One is me. I would love to be more involved, but it comes down to putting myself out there in unknown-to-me situations and that is a huge struggle. Also, I have three kids who take up most of my time and would need to be cared for by someone else while I'm gone.
I will not make any promises to myself or anyone else, but I will do my very best to try and accomplish at least some of this list. 2012 - Just Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment