Saturday, February 25, 2012

Music to My Ears and Soul

I absolutely LOVE listening to my kids sing along to their favorite songs. I can't stop smiling when they are rocking out to Kidz Bop in the back of the car. Every time we get into the car, both boys are automatically saying "My Kidz Bop". Evan's favorite cd is #18, while Braeden's favorite cd is #21. They know all the songs and sing along to them all. Maggie "sings" along too, which makes it even better. Right now their favorites songs are:

Evan - Just the Way You Are (originally by Bruno Mars) - He sings this song all the time while he's playing and I've even heard him singing it to himself while he's trying to fall asleep. It is beyond precious. I could listen to him all day long. This song is his favorite, but I'm constantly amazed by how many songs he actually knows. He can sing most of the songs on both of the Kidz Bop cd's.

Braeden - Moves Like Jagger (originally by Maroon 5) - Every time I start his cd he asks me to switch to this song. He loves to sing and will sing along with most songs, but this is definitely his current favorite. Like Evan, he knows all the songs on both cd's. He can also be found pretty regularly belting out Christmas carols all year long. So cute and sweet.

I have learned as a mom that nothing really soothes the soul like singing and dancing. I have always danced around the house with the kids, singing songs and being silly. They love it and so do I. It is so freeing and makes me feel totally rejuvenated. It's a great activity for all of us and shows them that it's fun to be silly and let it all out sometimes. I hope that they continue to love music throughout their lives. It sure does make it more enjoyable!

These pictures aren't related to the post, but I think they're sweet.
 Evan is always ready to help

I love the way Maggie is looking at Braeden

1 comment: