Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

I am very excited to be helping out with Teacher Appreciation Week next week at our school. Stacy and I have been plotting and planning, and I think we've come up with a nice week long celebration that will honor and celebrate our teachers. Thank goodness Pinterest is filled with so many wonderful ideas that are easy to modify or simply duplicate at home. While I'm not an active, meeting attending, member of our PTO, I feel strongly that our teachers deserve our gratitude and to be shown how much we appreciate all that they do, so I'm very happy to give my time and energy to this event. I'd give a sneak peak of some of our projects, but I don't want to give any surprises away.

Whatever school your child attends, make sure next week you take an opportunity to do a little something special for their teacher. Believe me, they will appreciate any gesture big or small. We have encouraged the parents at our school to help their child make a card or picture for their teacher next week. It's that easy. Just a simple thank you for all that you do can go a long way as well. 

"Teachers appreciate being appreciated, for teacher appreciation is their highest award.” - William Prince

"One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child." - Carl Jung

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun 

No comments:

Post a Comment