Thursday, May 3, 2012

Crazy but Good

If I had to describe my life to someone right now it would be, crazy but good. So far this week I have barely had a chance to sit down. I have spent my days making lists, shopping, creating, and oh yeah, taking care of the kids. Remember that blog post about how I was going to stop splitting my attention? Oops, maybe next week. I'm so thrilled with the way that everything is coming together for Teacher Appreciation Week next week, but I won't say it hasn't been a lot of work. And because Stacy and I are just that crazy, we added a whole other element to our plan yesterday. But it will be so worth it when it all goes smoothly next week. HA!

The biggest problem for me when I get this involved in multiple projects and activities at one time is that my mind has trouble unwinding. I'll fall asleep at night and then wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. I need to work on finding a routine to help me slow down and relax instead of working until I'm exhausted and then dropping into bed. I also need to come up with a better system for writing things down so I don't have as many ideas swirling in my head that I don't want to forget. I'm excited that I did recently order a planner to hopefully help me keep track of our families activities when I'm not at home. Right now I only use a good old fashioned wall calendar in my kitchen and that's not really useful when I'm trying to schedule something while I'm out.

I am very happy to report that I have done a good job keeping to many of the goals that I set when I started this blog. However, in exchange for my success, my lifestyle has gotten more active and I am on-the-go far more often than before. I have a feeling that this pace may be the new normal around here. Even though it's a bit tiring, I really love it. Crazy but good is proving to be very good for me.

But I'm never to busy to catch this beauty in action.

Shh.. don't tell her brothers that she's playing with all of their toys.


1 comment:

  1. :) I keep paper by my bed or a notebook. When I wake with ideas or can't fall asleep because of them I just write it all out then voila!!

    ReplyDelete