Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Next Best Thing

What's the next best thing to a vacation for a mom? A girl's night out. It's refreshing in every single way and no matter how late I get home or how little sleep I get as a result, I'm always rejuvenated and ready to go the next day. It's a magical potion for the soul.

Last night we laughed so hard we cried; we took so long to order at the restaurant that our server gave up on the hope of us actually making any decisions, and for the first time ever, we experienced power tools being used during a pedicure. Up until last night I was unaware that Black and Decker was a name to be associated with a nail salon. But now I know. I also know that there are some strangely proportioned fish who seem pretty angry to be imprisoned in their tank at that particular salon. And perhaps the pregnant nail tech should not wear mini-dresses. But maybe the biggest lesson was that I should go with my gut and not choose a nail color that looks like a dog got sick on my feet. Needless to say, I removed the polish when I got home.

If you look closely, you can see the power tool hanging on the wall

What to do while waiting for your nails to dry? Take pictures of those who cannot get away!

The finished product. Never again puke yellow. Never again.

After the pedicures we headed to the movies to see The Lucky One. 

We've been waiting anxiously for this movie to come out and it didn't disappoint. I haven't read the book so I didn't know if anything was missing. Both Stacy and Jen had read the book but thought it was good anyway. I came to three conclusions during the movie. 1) Zac Efron grew up and um, well, he's not exactly hard on the eyes. 2) I do not now, and probably will never be able to understand how our military personnel do what they do. Even with the Iraq scenes only being a small part of the movie, I can't help but think about the amazing courage and strength it takes to risk your life every single minute of every single day. God Bless them all. 3) I could never split time with my kids with someone else. Period. The movie was really good and if you like tearjerkers, it's a must see.

Then it was time for dinner. For some reason we always end up at the restaurant forever. We not only couldn't make decisions about what to eat last night, but we were so intently talking that we kept forgetting to even look at the menu.

We did get ourselves some chips and salsa while we sort of looked at the menu

Jen and I eventually forced Stacy to pick something 

We had so much fun! We always have a good time, but last night all of us must really have needed a night out because we were giddier than usual and everything and everyone around us was hysterical. We saw two previews at the movies that we wanted to see and they both come out June 29th, so we're thinking a double header might be in order with some pedicures in the middle. So I guess we're turning that one into a girl's day and night out. 

Two of the best friends ever ♥

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT night!! So fun. I love girls nights! I want to see that movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect night out. I love pedicures and wish I could afford one every week!

    ReplyDelete