Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Fun

Today was our first full day of vacation and we all took advantage of a little extra time in bed this morning. The kids all snuggled in my bed with me for a while after they woke up which was a great way to start the day. Once everyone was up and moving Roman began purging his clothes, which led to me doing the same, which led to 6 garbage bags headed out to Goodwill. Our closet is very grateful I'm sure. It's such a good feeling to see the floor in there!

After lunch Roman took the boys bowling. Evan LOVES bowling and they have been asking to go a lot recently. If your family likes to bowl and you have the option to sign up for www.kidsbowlfree.com in your area, it's a must! They send you coupons every week and each child gets 2 free games a day all summer long. All you have to do is pay for shoes. It's a great deal and I expect my family to take great advantage of it this summer. I signed Maggie up too but she was supposed to be taking a nap while they went today.

Then it was on the farm where we have a CSA share. My kids love to go to the farm and run through the fields and help pick out our vegetables for the week. Today we were able to pick strawberries and of course we had to go visit the pigs. Evan goes with my mom when she goes too so he gets to go twice every week. The pigs probably recognize his voice by now!

We finished off our great day with a trip to Target followed by dinner at Five Guys and then ice-cream at Rick's Ice Cream. The kids were all great and we had a perfect evening enjoying the food and each other's company.






I love summertime with my family and today was just one of those perfect days. I hope we have lots more of these before the summer is through!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great first day of vacation. We love kids bowl free!!

    ReplyDelete