Sunday, April 21, 2013

Evan's Wipeout Party

I am so behind! Vacation week's are supposed to be a break in the hectic schedule of life but it never works out that way. We are always so busy during vacations. I'm not complaining because it was a great week of fun, but whew, I'm tired and seriously behind.

Last Sunday we hosted Evan's Wipeout party. He was so excited and had been talking about having a Wipeout themed party forever. I found an invitation on Etsy and went from there. I knew that we could make our swing set into part of a Wipeout course and then decided to add some big balls and a bounce house as well. About 4 days before the party Evan announced that he really wanted a school bus in his course. He had seen it on the show once and was determined to have one. I thought about it and solicited Stacy's help and ta-da, a school bus sucker punch wall came to life.

It was such a fun day. The weather wasn't great, but there wasn't rain so we went with our outside course plan. Evan invited a few kids from school along with our usual group of family and friends. There were people everywhere inside and outside our house - just the way I like it!

The cake! Chocolate on chocolate - perfection!

Sucker punch wall with ball pit


Up the monkey bars or rock climbing wall and down the slide

Then over the big balls!

To the bounce house and when they came down the slide their time stopped

This picture is from the next day when it was remarkably warmer.

After the wipeout course, we ate, the kids bounced, and then bounced some more, and then we had presents and cake. Evan's guests knew him pretty well. He got lots of bubbles, basketball gear and games. All favorites of his. 




The poor guy was so tired before we got to cake that my mom saw him walking towards his room, followed him, and found him laying on his bed with his blanket. I think the chocolate cake must have given him an energy boost because he was right back at it for more after he opened presents. It was a wonderful day and I was so glad that we were able to have such a fantastic time celebrating my amazing little four year old. 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I a sure my Evan would love a Wipeout party too!

    ReplyDelete