Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

I feel like this year Easter, even though it was very early, came at the perfect time. I have been feeling very done with winter and being inside. My mood has matched the grayness of the weather and I have been more than ready for spring. Yesterday, along with a fresh start in the eyes of God for another year, Easter brought  with it sunshine, fresh air and a feeling of renewal that was so necessary for my soul. Flowers are starting to push through the soil and fresh air is making its way into the house and planting itself deeply within our family so that we too are beginning to open up and blossom; awakening from the darkness of winter and opening ourselves up once again to all of the possibilities and promises that spring brings.

We celebrated all weekend long, sharing in festivities with family and friends. The kids and I delivered some Easter goodies around on Saturday.
 Then we spent the evening in the company of some of our very favorite people. We began with an Easter egg hunt.
We got on our marks..
 hunted for Easter eggs..
 Apparently didn't love all of the findings..
and then rejoiced in the treasure!

After that it was time for dinner. The table was set..
 and the goodies waited.

After dinner we dyed eggs!




All the while, Maggie ate cake!

After our company left, Evan and I quickly got a cake in the oven for the next day so that we could be finished and go to bed so the Easter bunny would come. And he did!



I was terrible about taking pictures the rest of the day, but we had a wonderful time just the same. Lots of yummy food and time spent with family. The kids were ready to come home and go to bed last night. I am so delighted that Easter brought me the best gift of all this year, Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like you all had a wonderful Easter!

    I'm surfing on over from the UBP! Hope you'll swing by and pay me a visit as well. Party on! ::: Tossing Confetti :::

    {Big hugs}
    @Dayngr

    ReplyDelete