Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Five Year Old Seeking an Attitude Adjustment

I love my oldest very much. Well obviously. I mean I am his mom and he is my son.. But right about now, if we were a baseball team, he'd be on the trading block and I would be shopping his attitude around trying to see if anyone else wants a surly five year old who has recently regressed to approximately a grumpy two year old. Jeesh. This kid is testing every single limit I have. To be completely honest, Braeden has spoiled me most of his life. He's always listened well, been polite and an all around good kid. However, the past week or so he's been whiny, angry and unnecessarily aggressive towards his brother. Has summer vacation worn out its welcome? Is he jealous of the attention Maggie's been getting because it was her birthday and she started walking? Maybe because Evan is starting school in a few weeks? I just don't know, but goodness gracious, it has to turn around soon. I know that we've all been feeling less than stellar on and off for a few weeks, but we've still kept a normal schedule and seen friends and been to the movies and golf lessons.. What more does this child want? What am I not doing to make him feel special enough to act his normal, kind self? Is it a normal phase of a five year old about to enter kindergarten?

Maybe this will be one of those times that now that I've said written it out loud, he'll go back to his usual self just to prove me wrong. A mom can dream right?

And while I'm seeking advice, how in the world do all those southern moms keep hair clips and bows in their daughters hair?!?! As soon as I even pick up a hair clip Maggie starts swiping at the side of her head. She does not care for them at all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this issue?
    My web page :: http://naradesign.net

    ReplyDelete