Friday, January 4, 2013

Hello 2013

Anyway you look at it, whether you are happy 2012 is over and looking forward to a new start or hoping for even better things in the future, 2013 is here! It's so hard to believe that another year has come to a close. I feel like we were all just curiously waiting to see if anything would come of Y2K. Well, it's officially 13 years later and we're all still here. I for one enjoyed 2012 as a year of new experiences and successes. While not everything I had hoped to accomplish came to fruition, I did put a lot of building blocks in place for the future. For that I am incredibly thankful.

I don't like to make resolutions because I feel like it simply sets me up to feel like a failure when I don't achieve the success I thought for a fleeting moment that I might. Lose weight? Yeah sure, that's a great goal, but it's not something I can bang my head over because honestly if I wanted to seriously commit to that, I would, no matter what time of the year it is.  I could resolve to give up certain foods, but then I would crave them the minute the statement was out of my mouth. I'm pretty sure that would help me GAIN weight.

So as we wander into a new year, I plan to try to focus on certain things, but not commit to 100% success because we all know that is an invitation to feel inadequate. Here goes:

  1. Maintain last year's momentum of building myself into a more out-going and happier person. Last year was wonderful for me with lots of new friendships made and a much busier calendar for everyone in our family. It was hard sometimes, but wonderful for my soul.
  2. Kick PPD's butt once and for all. I have been stumped by the control PPD has had over me this time around. While it was severe before I became aware of it with Braeden, it has been persistent this time and I'm hopeful that in 2013 I can say goodbye for good!
  3. Gain control over the out-of-control feeling that is floating around me all the time. This includes getting a better handle on my house, our schedule and the consistency used when dealing with the kids. My guess is that this one will be the one out the window first..
  4. SLEEP MORE. Please Lord, let me get this one right! I know I need more sleep but I have a terrible time getting myself to go to bed before 11:00 because I like the time while the kids are asleep to breathe and not be climbed on for a while. I've been trying to get to bed by 10:30 each night and I can already feel a difference in my energy in the morning. 
Here we go 2013. Let's see what you've got!

1 comment:

  1. Sleep more is a good one! I have a feeling if you sleep more some of those other things will be better too! :) Good luck w/ that w/ 3 little ones. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete