Friday, January 25, 2013

Another BIG Day in Our House

Tonight before bed Braeden asked me to read him the book he had taken out of the library at school this week.


I know he's been working hard learning to read this year so I asked him if he wanted to read it to me instead. Usually he says no because he gets frustrated trying, but tonight was different. He agreed and then READ ME THE BOOK!! I had to help with some of the bigger words, but he followed the story with his finger and sounded out the words that he was unsure of. Oh my goodness! I am so excited for him. He has always been a big lover of books, but now a whole new world is beginning to open up for him since he will be able to read the early reader books to himself. Even if he doesn't know all the words, he will understand the general idea. Yay! What an exciting week we're having. I am a very proud Momma tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment