Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Craft Fair Success

This past weekend Jen and I set up The Little Giraffe at our very first craft fair. The whole experience of making and selling is still very new to us as we only decided to try and do this about 3 months ago. We both have made gifts for friends and family in the past, but neither of us have ever tried to produce large quantities to sell. And then, because we don't know when to say uncle, we added a few more items that we had never even tried to make before! But I must say, after several different attempts, we figured out how to make beautiful wooden signs. I'm pretty proud of this particular endeavor because it is something we completely figured out and created in the last month. 
I know it's not a great picture, but it was under a tent

We had to be on site at 7:30 Saturday morning. I know this is normal, but it's still early for me. But I was there on time with Dunkin Donuts in hand for the rest of the ladies. Really, can a long day be started without a DD beverage? Not around here I assure you. Anyway... we started with one tent that didn't have all of the pieces (oops), but fortunately Jen's husband Brad ran home and brought back their screen house which became our home for the next two days. 

We were very happy to see that our request to be assigned a spot next to Stacy was granted. We set up our two booths so that people could walk through from one to the other and I think that helped us a lot. At this craft fair in particular, there are people who come specifically to buy Stacy's bags, so it was great for us to be able to be connected to her to gain some exposure. 


Jen and I actually made some profit which is very fortunate for our first craft fair, so we will now push forward and be participating in a few more before the end of the year. We really wanted to feel out the reception for our items to see if we would continue. It was really heartening to have so many people come by and even have a few people talk to us about custom orders! Now we will have until the end of October to get our supplies replenished and add some items to our stock. I'm honestly surprised how easily it all went, but I am very, very grateful to all of the other people who have helped and supported us as we decided to walk into such a time-consuming endeavor. We even have a  The Little Giraffe Facebook page now. That must mean we're official right?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the signs. I can't believe you made those by hand. They look great! Congrats on your first craft fair.

    ReplyDelete