Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Rock Climbing Good Time

Some of our very best friends, Brayden and Riley, turned 7 yesterday. To celebrate we went to use the climbing wall at an Athletic Club. For starters I didn't expect the wall to be SO BIG! It was 40 feet to the top and it took up an entire room all the way around. It was awesome! I really didn't know what the kids would think of it. I knew they would want to try but I didn't know how far they would go.

Evan tried a couple of times and went about 15 feet up but decided he was good with that and enjoyed climbing on the low spots without all of the roping after that. Braeden went three times and made it all the way to the top on his third try!! I was SO PROUD! I couldn't believe he was willing to climb that high. What an exciting experience to watch. 

Getting strapped in..


Practicing


Braeden working his way to the top..

..and he made it!!

The party was really fun. There was rock climbing, time in the gym to play basketball and a really awesome play structure that the kids would have played in all day if they could. I got lucky and drove the car load of boys to the party and I am far more educated that I was yesterday on all things that can exit the body.. Enough said. We love Brayden and Riley so much and it was a fantastic way to celebrate their birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday party! Your boys are so brave! I'm cracking up about what you learned in the car. Boys are so funny!

    ReplyDelete